How to Find the Best SEO Friendly Shopping Cart
Some shopping cart companies design their software so it allows keywords in the URLs and then consider their site to be SEO friendly. This is not true. There are a lot of other features that enhance keyword ranking in shopping carts and can destroy your ranking if not available. The following options are what I look for in shopping cart software:
The Best Search Engine Friendly Carts Have These Features:
- The cart software uses keywords in the URLs for category or product names.
- The cart produces static or HTML pages for all categories and products.
- You can use unique titles, descriptions and keywords on all pages.
- They use keywords in links to other pages in the cart instead of numbers.
- They utilize header tags on the page and alt tags in images.
- They properly utilize CSS to avoid code bloat and prevent slow download speed.
- They allow canonical tags so duplicate pages are not indexed.
- The cart software can integrate your website with the cart instead of just having a cart for a website.
- They can replicate the layout of your website into your cart.
- They give you the option of setting up secure SSL and HTTPS URLs.
- You can edit the cart layout with HTML and CSS.
- The control panel is user friendly.
- You can add products online or via a flat file upload.
- They can host both the cart software and your website.
- They upgrade the software for free.
- You can set up a XML Sitemap from within the cart software.
- They have an option for product reviews.
- They provide free tech support with the hosting account.
- 24 hour support by phone, email and chat.
Copyright © 8-20-13 - Updated 11-11-17
All Rights Reserved