Some shopping cart companies design their software so it allows keywords in the URLs and then consider their site to be SEO friendly. This is not true. There are a lot of other features that enhance keyword ranking in shopping carts and can destroy your ranking if not available. The following options are what I look for in shopping cart software:
The Best Search Engine Friendly Carts Have These Features:
- The cart software uses keywords in the URLs for category or product names.
- The cart produces static or HTML pages for all categories and products.
- You can use unique titles, descriptions and keywords on all pages.
- They use keywords in links to other pages in the cart instead of numbers.
- They utilize header tags on the page and alt tags in images.
- They properly utilize CSS to avoid code bloat and prevent slow download speed.
- They allow canonical tags so duplicate pages are not indexed.
- The cart software can integrate your website with the cart instead of just having a cart for a website.
- They can replicate the layout of your website into your cart.
- They give you the option of setting up secure SSL and HTTPS URLs.
- You can edit the cart layout with HTML and CSS.
- The control panel is user friendly.
- You can add products online or via a flat file upload.
- They can host both the cart software and your website.
- They upgrade the software for free.
- You can set up a XML Sitemap from within the cart software.
- They have an option for product reviews.
- They provide free tech support with the hosting account.
- 24 hour support by phone, email and chat.
Copyright © 8-20-13 - Updated 11-11-17
All Rights Reserved