The Best Features in an SEO Friendly Shopping Cart
Some shopping cart companies design their software so it allows keywords in the URLs and then consider their site to be SEO friendly. This is not true. There are a lot of other features that enhance keyword ranking in shopping carts and can destroy your ranking if not available. The following options are what I look for in shopping cart software:
The Best Search Engine Friendly Carts Have These Features:
- The cart software uses keywords in file names for category or product names, instead of numbers.
- The cart produces static, or HTML pages, for all categories and products.
- You can use unique titles and descriptions on all pages.
- They utilize header tags on the page and alt tags in images.
- They properly utilize CSS to avoid code bloat and prevent slow download speed.
- They allow canonical tags so duplicate pages are not indexed.
- You have access to an htaccess file so you can redirect files
- You can use your own domain name. If not, then look elsewhere.
- The cart software can integrate your website with the cart instead of just having a cart for a website.
- They can replicate the layout of your website into your cart.
- They give you the option of setting up secure SSL or HTTPS URLs.
- You can edit the cart layout with HTML and CSS.
- The control panel is user friendly.
- You can add products online one by one or multiple products via a flat file upload.
- They can host both the cart software and your website.
- They upgrade the software for free.
- You can set up a XML Sitemap from within the cart software.
- They have an option for product reviews.
- They provide free tech support with the hosting account.
- They have 24 hour support by phone, email and chat.
- If you like to blog then they provide blog software
- They have an option to add social icons
This site compared multiple SEO ecommerce shopping carts and rated them comparing some of the SEO Friendly categories I listed above:
Copyright © 8-20-13 - Updated 11-04-20
All Rights Reserved