"Lori is great to work with. She put all the ideas I had rolling around in my head and created a beautiful site. She took the time to explain everything I needed to know about making my website rank higher." Jeff Lumia, Geoffrey James salon, NJ.
Your website may need a workover if it has never gained much traffic, you suddenly lost keyword ranking, or the focus of your business has changed. Some design features can deter ranking by not being search engine friendly, like having too much information in flash or images.
A sudden drop in ranking has various causes but it is often either the result of competitors being more aggressive in updating their sites and gathering backlinks or due to Google's Panda or Penguin updates penalizing sites for over-optimization of content or using your main keywords too often in anchor text if backlinks. Also what used to be approved by Google (like trading links) can now reduce your ranking so a link analysis might be needed.
Mobile friendly sites are gaining more importance with search engines, so if your website isn't easily viewed on tablets and mobile phone as well as desktops you may want to consider Responsive Web Design. Google has set up a deadline of April 21, 2015 for setting sites up for mobile or it will affect their ranking. This will only affect mobile search so the effect on your site is dependent on how much mobile traffic your site receives.
- Not enough search engine traffic.
- Not enough mobile traffic.
- Site not designed for mobile.
- Need higher keyword ranking.
- Site is no longer listed in search engine results.
- Site does not display the same in all browsers.
- Site penalized by one of Google's algorithms.
- Important text in images or flash.
- Too much text.
- Not enough text.
- No call to action.
- Hidden text or other code that is forbidden.
- Hosting company contstantly offline.
- Site has been blacklisted by some websites for sending spam.
- Incorrect listing in search results due to errors in code.
- Images too large.
- Not using main keywords in strategic places..
- Code bloat, deprecated code and broken links.
- Web designer doesn't understand SEO.
- Web designer doesn't follow Google's algorithm changes.
Fill out the Quote Form or call Lori at 509-397-6000 or send an for more information. If you want a mobile website please stipulate that, as it requires additional features:
You may need a SEO analysis report before a redesign if your website has dropped in rank, to determine the problems that are preventing higher keyword ranking.
Copyright © 8-23-04, Updated 3-23-15
All Rights Reserved.